e-Core Provides HPS with Top Notch Application Development and QA Testing Services
HPS needed to create and manage five major web-based products that could be offered to their clients for the inaugural Health Insurance Exchange open enrollment period. With millions of Americans searching for new or updating their current health insurance plans, HPS needed to be ready to receive and execute the enrollment of thousands of people at once. With those challenges ahead, they knew they needed to create the one place for their clients to go.
Health Plan Services (HPS) is the largest independent provider of sales, benefits administration, retention and technology solutions to the insurance and managed care industries. HPS Solutions:
- Business Process Outsourcing (BPO)
- Private Exchange Solutions for Agents, Agencies & Affinity Groups
- Exchange Solutions for Carriers
HPS needed to create and manage five major web-based products that could be offered to their clients for the inaugural Health Insurance Exchange open enrollment period. With millions of Americans searching for new or updating their current health insurance plans, HPS needed to be ready to receive and execute the enrollment of thousands of people at once. With those challenges ahead, they knew they needed to create the one place for their clients to go. This is where e-Core stepped in to help work on the Go-To-Exchange Platform consisting of the following products:
- Binder Portal –users self-register and pay enrollment.
- Member Portal – users view all information related to their coverage and pay bills.
- Group Portal – employers/companies view their employees’ coverage information.
- ServiceLink Portal – External – carriers view information about their clients and pay bills.
- ServiceLink Portal – Internal – customer service representatives view information about carrier’s clients and pay bills.
Our Application Development engagement started with one developer in 2010 and grew to three front-end developers, six back-end developers and one team lead. During our work on this project, our e-Core developers have had direct contact with team leaders, managers, directors and have continued interaction with other areas of the business team to successfully build and test the new service portals.
Our team used PHP, MySQL, DB2, HTML5, CSS3, Zend Framework 2, and JQuery along with Zend Server, Selenium IDE, GIT, Quality Center, Team Track, and SharePoint.
Our Quality Assurance team came in to ensure the products were successfully tested and ready to be implemented in time for the Affordable Care Act related roll out. Related technologies were PHP, MySQL, DB2, HTML5, CSS3, Zend Framework 2, JQuery, HP Quality Center, HP Unified Functional Testing, Selenium IDE, Team Track, and SharePoint.
Each QA Analyst worked on a different project within HPS including:
- Touch point with HPS QA Lead.
- Requirements Analysis.
- Test Preparation – Plan the test approach and resources.
- Test Setup/Preparation – Create test cases/scripts and create the data setup.
- Test Execution – Perform tests and document the results.
- Documentation – Update test documentation / reports.
- Daily Activities Summary (each e-Core QA sends to their respective QA Lead).
- Test Summary Report – email with all relevant information about the testing execution, quality indicators and recommendations.
HPS saw a great improvement in their online services during 2014. e-Core contributed with the coding and testing for the development of the systems that supported a huge growth and record breaking numbers. Some of the highlights:
- Over 2M members enrolled through the HPS Web-based products.
- There were over 795,000 total enrollments processed in/out in one day.
- ServiceLink Portal’s average response time improvements resulting from large spikes being eliminated for a smoother user experience.
- ServiceLink generated $2M software License Revenue (Over 2,500 users in five countries since launch in 2013).
- Throughout the January – April timeframe, phone system was 100% available.
- There was a 20% increase in Market Share – HPS was able to double their premium under management from $3.3B to $7.1B in just four short months.